Monday, December 16, 2013

Recently the Geminid Meteor Shower put on a show.  I had hoped for a really clear sky, but the sky was clouded over by about 30% and the moon was really bright.  I walked out onto the balcony about midnight to see if I could by chance see any meteors.  WOW!  I saw 25 in about 50 minutes.  It was great! I have loved the night sky ever since I was 3 years old.  More meteors than I had ever seen at one time.

Saturday we were once again walking the boardwalk by the lake and a young Mexican put sunglasses on his dog and I took his picture!  The man in the background carries dog treats and feeds the dogs.  Now my dog thinks every person on the boardwalk wants to give her a treat!  She even followed an elderly woman with a walker and a backpack on sniffing her backpack sure thart a treat must be in there!

 
Art for sale was everywhere this weekend.  The following displays were in the plaza.
 




This one was intricately woven from some type of bamboo and placed on a board.



A few blocks from the plaza was and Art Fest that cost 70 cents to enter.

This little girl in the picture was so cute.

Bob and Flower looking at the art work.

This man really wanted us to buy his pottery.  It was pretty pricey and not my type.

I loved this artist's work.  Her name is Cathy Chalivgnac and she is pictured here.  As with most people, she asked me.."did you take a good picture of me". The top picture of the lady with the blue lips had the most beautiful eyes and was my favorite.

The artist below is Enrique.  His work was very good also.


 
I have been searching for indigenous people pottery.  It is sold here only a couple times a year and is beautiful and signed on the bottom.  No indigenous pottery to be found as yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment