Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday Bob's sister and I decided to check out some garage sales.  Still looking for a lounge chair for the balcony.  First stop was a small Mexican home. Garage sale shopping in Mexico is as popular as it is in the US.  People packed the small home, shoulder to shoulder to get a bargain.  Mostly Mexicans, but a few American, like us! Bob's sister bought a picnic basket and roasting pans.  I bought a soccer ball for our dog.  Unfortunately, after going to 3 more thrift shops, no lounge chair to be found today.

We made a few more stops before heading back to the house, one being Walmart.

 
I went I to the restroom to wash my hands and the sink is a flat surface with an odd looking handle.  I turned it to the right and the water gushes out, hits the flat surface and proceeds to soak the front of me.  I had provided much laughter for the Mexican ladies in the restroom!
 
We return home to fix lunch and Melanie, the lady who has a place across the street, is visiting and asks how our garage sale hunting went.  She says she has 2 lounge chairs she isn't presently using so Bob brings them back and we set them up on the balcony.  
 
 

We will thoroughly enjoy this furniture until we can find our own!  From about 3:30 on, there is a cool breeze under the balcony canopy. Great to read, use the computer,
 
 
enjoy the beautiful clouds passing by or take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment